Tuesday 9 April 2013

"I FIGHT ON. I FIGHT TO WIN."



Before yesterday the extent of my Thatcher knowledge was a few heated This is England quotes. I didn't really think about it that much yesterday when my Facebook newsfeed told me she had died. I was more surprised that people my age were reacting to the news, considering most of them were born several years after her time at 10 Downing Street had ended.

When I got home however, my Nan (who will tell anyone and everyone that she grew up in Brixton during the front line of the riots) had strong feelings about the news. Even stronger feelings about the fact "That One Direction kid... The one with all the hair... 'Woss he doing putting R.I.P on that bloody Twitter, or what-do-ya call it...!! He don't even know who she is."

Anyway, this morning I had to stop and take the picture above. Twenty four hours after her death, her face lying crumpled and soggy at a South East London train station, tossed aside by an early commuter.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are.... You aren't"
- Margaret Thatcher.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lauren Sissons. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig