Sunday 9 June 2013

SYDNEY FAVOURITES



























I've only travelled to Sydney twice - once to visit the Monster Children studio, and once to see the Harry Potter exhibition. If I was to move back to Australia, I would be more than happy to live and work there (Surry Hills please!) There are so many places to still discover, but for now these are my favourite parts...


EAT
Sailors Thai - 106 George St, The Rocks
Canteen style upstairs with a massive wooden communal table and a dining room downstairs. The food is the best I've had outside of Thailand... My favourites have to be chicken with cashews and chilli jam followed by coconut ice cream!

Bourke Street Bakery - 633 Bourke St, Surry Hills
This is when my allergies make me want to cry. Walking into this tiny corner bakery, my mum looked at me panicked as if I were about to lie on the floor and have a tantrum. Seriously, cabinets of rhubarb almond tarts, raspberry pear butter cakes and every kind of loaf you can imagine. Worth it even just to drool at their creations!

Deus Cafe - 98/102-104 Parramatta Rd, Camperdown
Sitting alongside the Dues ex Machina store and below the Monster Children studio, you know this cafe is going to be good... Breakfast, lunch, dinner, Monday movie nights and live music through the week. Add a menu of good ol' classics and a bloody good coffee - it's a winner.

Food on Five - Westfield Pitt St Mall
Westfield's lavish food court is enough to make your jaw drop. I managed to try four places in three days. Try Rueben & Moore's massive Rueben sandwiches. Or go to Charlie & Co. for a gluten free wagyu beef burger and parmesan truffle fries... Need I say more.


SHOP
Pretty much ALL of Paddington and Surry Hills, but with a special mention of Mrs Red & Sons where my sister and I picked up the tiniest hand painted Chinese cats and the staff are just the best (polaroid above). Find it at 427 Crown St, Surry Hills.


Pictured: 1. The Rocks Market. 2. My younger brother Bon. 3. Deus Cafe. 4. My sister in the background thinking, "Seriously, he's posing for ANOTHER photo!?" 5. Aimee on the train. 6. Polaroids of the sights on the boat ride. 7. Knot and trench. 8. Aimee taking photos of her own. 9. Blue hues. 10. Taxi driver stories. 11 & 12. Ariel bookstore in Paddington. 13. Mrs Red & Sons. 14. Bonjamin.




SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Some really nice places here.

    I agree abut Sailor's Thai, went there a few years ago and always recommend it. Will have to try the Deus cafe when I return to Sydney.

    ReplyDelete

© Lauren Sissons. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig