Tuesday 20 January 2015

BRAIDS





One of the best things about moving back to Lewisham is the twenty or so barbers and hairdressers on my road. Mainly Afro-Carribean, I took it as an instant challenge to find the best braids.

I'd only ever had two at a time before, but wanted to try four... I don't know what it is, but as soon as I walk in all the women getting their weaves done kiss their teeth and look at me blankly as if I'm going to ask for directions.

They usually tell me £40 or more for braids, thinking that I'll pay anything. These ones were too tight, and even though I love the back of them, I look like I have four horns from the front.

Took them out only an hour later, so all I have from this expensive experiment is this photo... My search will continue.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lauren Sissons. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig